The North Carolina Office of State Budget & Management (OSBM) delivers the highest quality budget development and management services for state government. Overseeing the state’s budget process is at the heart of much of what we do. Yet OSBM is much more than budgets.
- Our team provides budget and policy analysis counsel to the Governor, state agencies, and state legislature.
- We analyze economic and demographic data to inform decisions and maintain a balanced budget.
- We provide state agencies with services to support stewardship of public resources and prudent decision-making. This includes tools to improve operational efficacy through data and evidence, such as strategic planning, performance management, and impact analysis.
- And we support agencies’ financial control structures such as grants management, internal audits, and the oversight committee for retired state employees' health benefits.
- Our office is also home to the state fraud hotline, where any citizen can report suspected misuse of public resources.
Professionally serve North Carolinians by providing objective information and analysis to ensure a balanced budget and effective stewardship of public resources
We are an innovative team committed to public service, responsible fiscal management, and insightful analysis
Get to know OSBM
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
The Office of State Budget and Management seeks to develop a diverse and inclusive workforce that drives innovation, excellence, and teamwork. OSBM celebrates individual and collective differences and strengths, and treats all staff with respect, dignity, and professionalism.