Research Partnership Opportunities
OSP will host the 2023 Government Research Partnerships Learning Forum on Thursday, April 13th. The Learning Forum will be an opportunity to showcase and discuss examples of government-research and government-philanthropy partnerships and to workshop aspects of partnership development, launch, and execution. Click here for more information and to RSVP. If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
North Carolina state agencies are increasingly interested in collaborating with external partners to answer questions that inform decision making and improve policy and programmatic functions. The NC Office of Strategic Partnerships (OSP) helps develop, launch, and enhance these cross-sector partnerships.
OSP created the North Carolina Project Portal to share opportunities for partnering and for people to express interest in pursuing those opportunities. To learn more and explore opportunities, please visit the:
Before the launch of the NC Project Portal, OSP shared individual research partnership opportunity documents. Below are archived opportunities.
- NC Department of Environmental Quality Division of Air Quality (December 2021)
- NC Department of Revenue (November 2021)
- NC Department of Justice (May 2021, revised October 2021)
- NC Department of Public Safety (July 2021)
- NC Office of Indigent Defense Services (June 2021)
- NC Department of Environmental Quality Division of Water Resources (December 2020)
- Multiple North Carolina state agencies (March 2020)
The scope, timeframe, deliverables, and expertise needed for projects are determined case by case. Some opportunities are short-term (commitment of a few months or less); others require longer commitments. Some projects require funding. OSP, agency partners, and research partners work together to determine project parameters. Visit the portal for information about how to express interest or to ask questions about opportunities.